How to Keep the Sunroom at a Comfortable Temperature Year-round in Westerville, Ohio
The sunroom is a great addition to any house as it is the room that allows plenty of daylight and landscape views while giving people shelter from adverse weather conditions. In Westerville, Ohio, sunrooms are certainly nice in the summer as people can enjoy the warm temperature from the comfort of their own home without having to deal with bugs and mosquitos.
Nonetheless, homeowners in Ohio also must cope with extreme temperatures in both summer and winter. Indeed, as the temperature drastically changes from summer to winter, the sunroom goes from being an extremely comfortable room to a dangerously cold one. For that reason, it is crucial to properly control the temperature of the sunroom in order to avoid making it unusable for most of the year. On that premise, the following article presents the best heating and cooling options that can help maintain a comfortable temperature in sunrooms all year-round in Westerville, Ohio.
Keeping the sunroom warm in the winter
• In order to keep the sunroom warm during the winter, homeowners in Westerville, Ohio can use space heaters. The latter are easy as well as cost effective.
• Homeowners can also expand their HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) ducts into the sunroom. This is a great option in order to have consistent and thorough heating in the sunroom.
• Homeowners can also utilize a mini-split heating unit. This unit is comprised of an indoor unit that is mounted on the door and an outdoor air compressor.
Keeping the sunroom cool during the summer
• In order to cool the sunroom during the summer times, homeowners can expand their HVAC vents to their air conditioning unit. Doing so is certainly twice as great as homeowners will be able to use their air conditioning unit to cool the sunroom.
• If homeowners think that the air conditioning unit is not capable of handling the extra space, then it might be a good idea to invest in a room-sized air conditioning unit.
• Another option is using a ductless air conditioning unit. Although this option has a high in-advance cost, it will certainly save homeowners a lot of money in the long run due to its higher energy efficiency.
• In case the sunroom does not have enough space to fit a room-sized air conditioning unit, it would be a good idea for homeowners to investigate purchasing portable air conditioning units that can be placed on the ground. Nonetheless, it is important to keep in mind that this option is not ideal for cooling and could be a huge energy consumer.